Highest standards, innovation and quality in the entire supply chain are decisive for success in the automotive industry. A management system certified to IATF 16949 (previously ISO/TS 16949) is the stepping stone to markets and customers for that.
The IATF 16949 standard was developed and published as technical specifications by the International Automotive Task Force (IATF) on the basis of ISO 9001. The IATF 16949 standard was revised in 2016 and as a result is no longer a part of the ISO family of standards but established a new standard called IATF 16949.
IATF 16949 is today the worldwide leading quality standard in the automotive industry. It merged a series of quality standards of car manufacturers and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) into one certification.
Our experts will be pleased to answer any questions you might have, and provide you with further information, on the IATF 16949 certification.
TÜV Saarland Certification also in the Far East
We founded our subsidiary in Shanghai, China, in 2018. TÜV Saarland Certification (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. serves companies in the People’s Republic of China and other Asian countries from there. The range of services includes the common system standards and also IATF 16949.
Advantages with IATF 16949 Certification
Establish an internationally recognised set of standards with IATF 16949 Certification and avoid time-consuming and costly multiple certifications. The consistent tracking of nonconformities allows you to increase the trust and safety of your customers and partners. You optimise your product and process quality, document credibly and worldwide your efficiency and thus increase your international market opportunities.
Certification lays the foundations for a sensible certification combination with, for example, ISO 9001 and/or ISO 14001.
You also reduce your costs because the standard focuses on preventive actions and scheduling and you can thus use the freed-up resources for other quality management tasks.
A TÜV Certificate in just a few Steps – The Procedure for your IATF 16949 Certification
Your IATF 16949 certification is in capable hands with us. We will assist you during the entire certification process and a contact person will always be available to you.
- Pre-audit (optional), as an optimum preparation for the certification audit
- Certification audit stage 1: Readiness assessment
- Certification audit stage 2: Practical application
- Granting of the Certificate & TÜV seal and registration in our TÜV Certificate Database
- Monitoring and continuous optimisation (annually)
- Re-certification (every three years)
Functioning processes in development and production are the key to an effective and efficient implementation of the requirements in the automotive supply chain
VDA 6.1 QM System Audit for Series Production
VDA 6.2 QM System Audit for Services
VDA 6.4 QM System Audit for Production Equipment
The VDA 6.1 volume – a potential alternative to the IATF 16949 certification under certain conditions – is aimed at suppliers of vehicle parts. Certification to VDA 6.2 is recommended for service companies in the automotive industry. That is an important element of a holistic, modern service management and can be applied by all organisations operating in the automotive service segment. Suppliers of production equipment can have themselves certified to VDA 6.4. This volume serves the assessment of quality management systems in the production equipment for the automotive industry segment. It describes the QM system requirements for the manufacture of machinery (complete production lines, stand-alone machines and special machines), plant, devices, tools and testing equipment.
TÜV Certification – Your Advantages with TÜV Saarland Certification
- Internationally recognised, accredited certification body
- Personal contact person and individual advice for your company
- TÜV experts support you in the safe and sustainable implementation of the requirements.
- The independent assessment by, and experience of, the TÜV experts give a precise and reliable statement on the status quo; potentials will be uncovered and the system will be further enhanced. Our independent TÜV experts with their comprehensive sector experience will always be there for you and be well informed about all the current standards.
With successful certification, you will also benefit from the TÜV trademark that has a very high awareness level on an international scale and in Germany even an awareness level of more than 98%. You can also use our recognised TÜV seal for your marketing and thus stand out from your competitors.
You also get management system certification to the following standards, often as combined certification, from us:
- ISO 9001 Quality management system
- IATF 16949 Quality management system of the automotive industry
- ISO 27001 Information security management system
- ISO 14001 Environmental protection management system