Sustainably reducing costs through the continuous improvement of energy-related performance
DIN EN ISO 50001 is an international standard for energy management systems and was first published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) in 2011.
The introduction and certification of an energy management system in accordance with ISO 50001 supports companies, institutions and government bodies in developing a systematic concept for the procurement and use of energy, as well as optimising energy efficiency.
This not only means a reduction in consumption and costs, but it also reduces risks associated with dependence on external energy suppliers. This increases economic efficiency and provides a competitive advantage.
Furthermore, certification of the energy management system according to ISO 50001 demonstrates to customers and employees that the company is assuming ecological responsibility towards the environment.
The standard is compatible with other recognised management systems such as ISO 9001 or ISO 14001.
The benefits for you
- Proof of the application of an international standard
- Improved competitiveness due to reduced energy costs
- Reduced dependence on external energy suppliers
- Improving the company’s energy footprint
- Reduced CO2 emissions
- Increased brand value through demonstration of energy and climate awareness
- Continuous improvement of energy management systems
- An energy management system certified according to ISO 50001 exempts non-SMEs from the obligation to perform energy audits as per § 8 et seq. Energy Services Act (EDL-G)
- Possibility for energy-intensive companies to take part in the special equalisation scheme (BesAR)
- Proof for companies in the manufacturing industry to reduce their electricity tax (peak compensation according to the peak compensation efficiency scheme ordinance – SpaEfV)
TÜV certificate in just a few steps – your ISO 50001 certification process
- Information and pre-audit (optional)
Briefing (by phone or in person), project discussion on site and certification preparation, including document review
- On-site certification
Readiness analysis with assessment and review of the description of the management system, review of documented processes and an optional post-audit (review of the corrective measures)
- Audit report and assessment
Audit documentation and assessment of the management system
- Issuing certificate & TÜV seal
Following successful completion of certification, you will receive your certificate and TÜV seal (with a maximum duration of three years) and your certificate will be registered in the TÜV Saarland database.
- First surveillance audit
A practical implementation surveillance audit takes place every 12 months.
- Second surveillance audit
Repeated audit of the practical implementation of the management system
Steps 2 to 6 will be repeated in the recertification audit three years after initial certification.
Your ISO 50001 certification is in experienced hands with us. We will support you through the entire certification process and are available for you to contact at any time.
TÜV Certification – Your Advantages with TÜV Saarland Certification
- Internationally recognised, accredited certification body
- Personal contact person and individual advice for your company
- TÜV experts support you in the safe and sustainable implementation of the requirements.
- The independent assessment by, and experience of, the TÜV experts give a precise and reliable statement on the status quo; potentials will be uncovered and the system will be further enhanced. Our independent TÜV experts with their comprehensive sector experience will always be there for you and be well informed about all the current standards.
- With successful certification, you will also benefit from the TÜV trademark that has a very high awareness level on an international scale and in Germany even an awareness level of more than 98%. You can also use our recognised TÜV seal for your marketing and thus stand out from your competitors.
You also get management system certification to the following standards, often as combined certification, from us: